For Sale: 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
- 289 4V A Code 225 HP Engine
- Conversion to T-5 5 Speed Transmission with factory style shifter handle
- Black Exterior with red GT stripes
- GT Package which includes front disc brakes, special handling package, dual exhaust with exhaust trumpets, fog lights.
- Deluxe (Pony) interior in black which includes pony seats, deluxe door panels, woodgrain glove box door and instrument bezel, woodgrain deluxe steering wheel, door lights.
- Factory AM 8 Track Stereo Radio with custom hidden conversion to FM.
- Factory Deluxe Seat Belts with warning light
- Factory Air Conditioning with upgrade to Sanden compressor for greater efficiency.
- Factory Power Steering
- Factory Console.
- Rally-Pac — Clock / Tachometer
- Visibility Group which includes remote control outside mirror, Day/Nite inside mirror and 2 speed windshield wipers
- Engine Dress up kit with open letter Cobra valve covers
- Factory Styled Steel Wheels (5)
- Dual Red Line Tires (5)
This 66 Mustang fastback is originally from Tennessee and has never had any rust. It was painted in the early 1980’s in lacquer. The paint is very presentable, but it is showing its age with some cracks and chips. It appeared on the cover of the 1997 Virginia Classic Mustang catalog.
The engine was completely rebuilt in 2002 and now has 10K miles. A brand new T-5 transmission was installed 6,700 miles ago. The factory carburetor was rebuilt by Pony Carburetors. The distributor was also rebuild and a Pertronix Ignitor has been installed. A new gas tank, lines and related components were installed. A completely new exhaust, tips, and related components were installed.
Most all exterior and interior chrome has been replaced. The Rally Pac has been completely rebuilt and restored.
The brake system has been completely rebuilt with new lines, hoses, etc. and a 67 dual reservoir master cylinder was added for safety. The suspension was also completely rebuilt with new bushings, leaf springs, tie rod ends, power steering components, shocks, etc.
The air conditioning was completely rebuilt with a new Sanden compressor, dryer, condenser, hoses, etc. It works perfectly.
The interior was completely restored with new carpet, seat upholstery, door panels, dash pad, steering wheel, etc.
This Mustang is a super reliable car and can be driven absolutely anywhere. It has been on many long distance trips and Antique Automobile Club of America tours including a trip from Virginia to Maine and back.
The GT options are complete but are thought to be dealer installed.
Price is $32,000 or best offer.